With the summer season ending, you probably have a lot of tomatoes to use, especially if you’re a fan of the Ultomato or Safer® Brand’s tomato protection products. Of course, there are plenty of great uses for tomatoes that you can explore, but we absolutely love this recipe since it really makes these tasty fruits the star of the meal.
Need a little more enticement to try out this Tomato Mozzarella Salad recipe? Just note that it gives you yet another reason to grow basil!
Between the basil, tomatoes and the other ingredients, you’re in for a healthy, low-carb meal filled with vitamins and other key nutrients. Basil, for example, is packed with Vitamin K and manganese. Tomatoes deliver Vitamin C, biotin and molybdenum.
Tomato Mozzarella Salad Ingredients
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes (sliced or whole)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 8 ounces of small, fresh, lightly-salted mozzarella balls
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher or Sea Salt
Tomato Mozzarella Salad Preparation
Like most salads, preparing your Tomato Mozzarella Salad is relatively easy. You can have it ready in about five minutes after you’ve gathered all the ingredients.
- Slice tomatoes into small pieces as desired.
- Combine tomatoes and mozzarella into a large bowl.
- Add basil leaves and mix gently while adding olive oil and vinegar.
- Salt to taste and refrigerate until serving.
How Do You Use Your Spare Tomatoes
Did you enjoy your Tomato Mozzarella Salad? Let us know in the comments! Got some ideas of your own for using up a bountiful harvest of tomatoes? Let us know on our Facebook page. We’re always interested in new opportunities for tomatoes as well as twists on traditional recipes that use them.
You can get more recipes and articles like this by subscribing to our E-Newsletter, which also includes coupons and exclusive sale announcements.