- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 1/3 in. slices
- 1 stick of non-salted butter, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup of grated white sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
Place the butter, herbs, salt, pepper, and cheese into a food processor. Pulse until blended to the consistency of your choice.
Remove the herb-cheese mixture from the food processor and pack the mixture into a ramekin. Cover the ramekin with a piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
Preheat over to 500 degrees.
Remove the ramekin from the refrigerator and spread the herb-cheese on each slice of bread and place on a sheet pan in a single layer. Bake the bread for 6 minutes. Serve immediately.
Yields: approx. 4 servings