If you’ve never had Puppy Chow, then you’re in for a great treat with Love Your Yard’s Mint Puppy Chow. Puppy Chow, which is sometimes called Muddy Buddies, Monkey Munch or Reindeer Food, is a sweet homemade snack that features cereal coated with powdered sugar. Sugar and cereal? You can’t go wrong with that!
Mint Puppy Chow takes an extra step and adds mint-flavored chocolate into this snack.
Serve your Puppy Chow at your next party — the kids love it — or make it just in time to sit down for family movie night.
Mint Puppy Chow Ingredients
- 9 cups of rice square cereal
- 1-1/2 cups mint chocolate (chips or bars)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Puppy Chow preparation
- Empty the rice cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and mint chocolate and combine evenly by stirring vigorously.
- Pour the melted butter and chocolate mix* over the cereal and mix it gently until the chocolate is spread evenly throughout the cereal.
- Place your cereal/chocolate mixture into a large plastic bag and pour the powdered sugar over the top. Shake the mixture until the mix is thoroughly coated by the sugar.
- Spread the Mint Puppy Chow mixture out on wax paper to harden.
- Wait a little bit and enjoy your puppy chow!
*Add dark chocolate and broken candy canes to the melted chocolate for extra flavor.
Your Puppy Chow Recipe
Do you have a different recipe for Puppy Chow? We’d love to see it, especially recipes that include new and unique flavors like our Mint Puppy Chow. Just write your recipe in the comments below or post it on our Facebook wall and we’ll share it with all our fans in a future post here at Love Your Yard.
Looking for more recipes and articles? Check out our e-Newsletter, where you’ll find them as well as a regular variety of sales announcements and coupons.