There’s nothing more soothing than a warm bowl of chicken noodle soup. This recipe adds a zesty twist to the traditional bowl of soup by adding lemon and pepper to the ingredients list. The result is a fresh new taste to a classic recipe that’s loved around the world.
In fact, did you know that chicken soup of some kind is popular in at least two dozen countries? Most have their own ideas on what makes it the perfect comfort food. In Colombia, for example, it’s served with a dollop of cream. In Indonesia, tumeric is a common ingredient. Many Japanese chefs add radishes to their chicken soup.
For now, we will stick with adding lemon and pepper. Enjoy!
Lemon-Pepper Chicken Noodle Soup Ingredients
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 ½ cups wide egg noodles
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley
- sea salt
- fresh-ground pepper
Lemon-Pepper Chicken Noodle Soup Preparation
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Lightly cover chicken thighs with half of the olive oil and all of the lemon pepper.
- Place chicken on shallow roasting pan and cook until internal temp 165º F (approx 15-20 mins depending on size).
- Once the chicken thighs have cooled enough to touch, dice into small portions and set aside.
- Heat a large pot of lightly salted water until it begins to boil.
- Add noodles and remaining olive oil to the pot, and boil until tender (approx 6-10 mins).
- Drain the water and rinse the noodles in cold water and set aside.
- In a large pot bring chicken broth and lemon juice to a boil.
- Add diced chicken, noodles, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve or refrigerate immediately.
Your Favorite Soup
Do you have a favorite soup recipe you would like to share with us? Post it to our Facebook page so we can share with the world! Here at Love Your Yard, we also love recipes made with the fruits, vegetables, berries, and nuts that we grow in our yards, and we want to include more of them on our site. So, with that in mind, please share!
Did you enjoy your Lemon-Pepper Chicken Noodle Soup? Let us know in the comments! Do you have your own Chicken Noodle Soup recipe? Leave us directions in the comments and we’ll try it out!
Another resource from Avant Garden Decor and Love Your Yard is our E-Newsletter. While it regularly includes coupons and announcements of exclusive sales, we also try to point you to great new articles. Try subscribing! We know you’ll love it.