Themed gardens are a popular among gardeners. There are tons of themes that can be put to use, but one of the most common is a garden to attract birds. A hanging basket garden designed to do so will allow you an up close and personal look at your feathered friends.
A few plants to include in your basket are:
- Zinnias – birds appreciate the seeds from this bright purple flower
- Bee Balm – hummingbirds appreciate these purple pom pom shaped blooms
- Aster – any variety of this common flower will beautify your baskets
- Cornflower – enjoy a gorgeous pop of color with this bright blue flower
- Coral Bells – a gorgeous flowing pink plant that will add texture and length to your baskets
It is important to make sure your hanging basket is located in a place where birds will not feel threatened. For instance, if you have cats at your house you shouldn’t place a bird-friendly basket in a location where cats can’t bat at birds or attempt to jump at them. Birds will not visit the basket if they feel that their safety may be compromised.
Which plants will you use to create your bird themed basket? Share with our community by commenting on this post or visiting our Facebook wall!